Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Beauty- Gratitude Journal Page

Our small group has been studying 1 Peter together for the last month or so, and man, is that book crammed full of goodies!!! Seriously! So many wonderful topics to dive into!!! So, when I hit the Beauty page of my Gratitude Journal from Illustrated Faith (yes, that was a November project!!!...lets just say that I'm really taking my time with being thankful 😂) chapter 3 vs. 3-4 spoke to my heart. 

"It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry or find clothes that should make you beautiful. No, your beauty should come from inside to you – the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. That beauty will never disappear, and it is worth very much to God." 

As we talked in small group, we discussed extensively what these things look like when we live them out. What does it mean to have a gentle and quiet spirit with our husbands? Should we not be wearing make up and pretty clothes? (Woot woot!!! Yoga pants and tshirts Capsul Wardrobe?! -just kidding!) How does our beauty come from within?
My Illustrated Faith Whatever is Lovely collection helped me answer that last question beautifully!!! Philippians 4:8 says, 

"Whatever is true, Whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy of the – think about such things."
You see, God is far less interested in if our outfit looks OK, or if our hair isn't doing just the right thing today, then he is about how her attitude is about those things! All he wants is us. All of us. And when we began to dwell on that fact, our beauty is going to shine from the inside out!
Our inner beauty will never disappear, and it is worth very much to God!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out perfection! The butterflies were the perfect thing to finish it off as well. I'm writing down that passage from 1 Peter in my scripture book because it's just SO wonderful! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out perfection! The butterflies were the perfect thing to finish it off as well. I'm writing down that passage from 1 Peter in my scripture book because it's just SO wonderful! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete