Monday, February 15, 2016

Happiness- Gratitude Journal Page

I have always known happiness to be a human emotion that is usually temporary and based on life's circumstances, where as joy is eternal and comes from the Lord. So, as I began this page, I felt that I needed to "know" the actual definition of happiness!
1. Good fortune. 2. A state of well-being and contentment. 

Contentment! Now there's a word I recognize!!! My good friend, Paul, talks about this in his letter to the Phillipians, and boy does he have some stories to tell!!!

Paul is able to offer a surprisingly optimistic perspective on life, especially after the types of persecution he had endured. In his letter he wrote,

“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
Philippians 4:11-13 NIV
Paul tells us that it's not what we have, who we're with, or how much money we make, but rather letting Christ's love being us happiness!!!

This truth is one that I need tattooed on my forehead!!! My happiness is often times tied to the moods of my kids, the circumstances of the day or how I feel when I'm hungry (can I get an Amen?!). I really struggle with removing myself from all of that and finding contentment in Him!!!!
Look to the Lord for your strength, joy and happiness and keep your eyes on things above!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have created the beautiful page by using the so many colors. Your concept of creating this page is also noble. Happiness is truly needed in the life.

    ReplyDelete